Cinematic ideas
These are some ideas for what I want to include in my film. This is to create the real-life naturalistic storyline and the light-hearted comedy aspects.
- using colour to show a connection. I watched Schindler's List and was interested in how Spielburg used red to draw the viewer into the gravity of the scene. The focus on the little girl's life and how all these people are in such danger becomes clear to Schindler for the first time. This is one of the most impactful moments of the film and therefore demonstrates the importance of colour in film. Then I did some more research:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvTwjusPAlM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tg5iwK9dKQ
- the camera creates the joke - dramatic irony - the camera flicks between two images, people, actions as if its a POV shot from the audience - therefore seeing something about to go wrong and waiting to see if the characters notice. This was used really well in THE FLY, of the set films.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ymmfya3i8
- music introducing characters
in the opening of 10 things I hate about you Kat's character is introduced by her difference from the other girls. The song is not only more aggressive and rock not pop, but it is showing her freedom of expression. She has a 'bad reputation' and doesn't care it is her brand. This is a really effective introduction to her character as we learn her relationship with her peers and her reclamation of her difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaIWHB-m_yY
- the opening of 4 weddings and a funeral. I always loved the moments of comedy in this opening, there is little conversation between the characters they are just in an understanding of how late they are. This creates a connection to the viewer as they can relate to the characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjixdVvkfL4
These are some ideas for what I want to include in my film. This is to create the real-life naturalistic storyline and the light-hearted comedy aspects.
- using colour to show a connection. I watched Schindler's List and was interested in how Spielburg used red to draw the viewer into the gravity of the scene. The focus on the little girl's life and how all these people are in such danger becomes clear to Schindler for the first time. This is one of the most impactful moments of the film and therefore demonstrates the importance of colour in film. Then I did some more research:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvTwjusPAlM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tg5iwK9dKQ
- the camera creates the joke - dramatic irony - the camera flicks between two images, people, actions as if its a POV shot from the audience - therefore seeing something about to go wrong and waiting to see if the characters notice. This was used really well in THE FLY, of the set films.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ymmfya3i8
- music introducing characters
in the opening of 10 things I hate about you Kat's character is introduced by her difference from the other girls. The song is not only more aggressive and rock not pop, but it is showing her freedom of expression. She has a 'bad reputation' and doesn't care it is her brand. This is a really effective introduction to her character as we learn her relationship with her peers and her reclamation of her difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaIWHB-m_yY
- the opening of 4 weddings and a funeral. I always loved the moments of comedy in this opening, there is little conversation between the characters they are just in an understanding of how late they are. This creates a connection to the viewer as they can relate to the characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjixdVvkfL4
Comments
Post a Comment